Thursday 6 August 2015

Selfish Thoughts





“Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves. ”
                                      ― Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare


In my mind I thought am always right for I know that I have associated myself with the right minds, people with integrity and a good knowledge about life morals but it came to me at one point that I am wrong and actually people think they are right because they think so, because they have a conviction in their thoughts that they are right and if they feel superior to the other being they actually have strong conviction that they are the authors of what is right and wrong now that is what I call Selfish thoughts, self centredness, to an evil level.

I once new a guy named Luka or Luke if you prefer and he has always told me that he knows best beacuse everyone compliments of his actions, Luka was so buried in these thoughts to the point that he always expected compliment for anything, if he doesn't get one he made sure that he does something out loud for everyone to see and he makes sure he gets a compliment. What Luka did not know is that his actions were consuming him to a point of them becoming his character and although he has always said that "Our thoughts, becomes word, becomes actions, becomes habbits and eventually our Character" Luka did not believe that he was what he described. If someone else gets a compliment infront of him he became furious and very critical of that person, he may describe the person with all sorts of words but nothing good.

One day I said to him that I think something is overtaking you Luka and he said " nothing can over take me because I always know what I am doing", I asked "is that so?" he comfirmed that it is. So I asked if he has ever felt jelousy about me in any way like just feel like am doing better because at that moment Luka had just lost his job and I was working and earning but with pride Luka said "I think am better of than you and no matter what I can never go ask anyone for help, I know better" I then thought to myself that is this pride ??? Then I told him what he taught me about thoughts becoming a character, I said "Luka my friend you pride, jelousy thoughts and the fact that you think that you know better has brought to you to where you are, it has become your character but to be honest those characteristics yeilds nothing they bring you down", Luka looked at me with shame that I told him what was true and he reassured me that he had no job because he quit as he felt that his work place was missing something that only him knew better, he said the CEO doesn't deserve his position but to be honest the Grey old dog always knows whats best around its domain and just because you went further in your studies and have a little experience and know how in things makes you Mr Know it all.

After that conversation I started to question myself, am I like that? Am I just being paranoid? What really makes someone to think, feel and even act like they are better than anyone else? Then I realise that it is  a Selfish Thought a thought that everyone is born with but sometimes can not be on display in others while others it is desplayed even when they are 2yrs old. Selfish Thoughts lets be on guard because they destroy everything, they damage Marriages, Friendships, Workship, Religious Relationships in all it is the road to distruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment