Sunday 8 January 2017

David "Insane" Blaine Dead ? or Alive ?

Happy New Year everybody, I missed you too since I left you all hanging last year somewhere but believe me I have not been up to much..well blah! blah! blah!
Anyway on 6th January E4 aired Beyond Magic, the latest show by David Blaine where he performed a bullet catch trick, stupid right? Insane of course. The US magician has been practising this act since 2010 according to /http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/  he performed the illusion at the Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena attracting 20,000 people.

They say he uses a special gum shield and a specially designed metal cup that catches a bullet fired from a rifle placed just a few metres away using a laser sight. But, on this occasion, the cup slipped from the grooves that were supposed to secure the cup in place.
As the .22-caliber bullet was fired the cup moved considerably in the magician's mouth and the gum shield shattered in the process.
Speaking after the incident, Blaine said: "Time just started to move really slow. When the bullet struck the cup, there was a high-pitched ringing in my ears and I felt an impact on the back of my throat.
"I was sure the bullet went right through my head and that I was dead. Suddenly I became aware of the pain and it brought me back. At that moment I realised that the mouth guard had shattered again, and I was alive."

Anyway enjoy the clip below and please! please! please! do not try this at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment